Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Victory!


Victory is mine! Grendel's arm is now hanging from the rafters of Herot as a sign of my triumph! I had no doubt that I would win, even though Holaf lost his life. He was a good man and his family will be rewarded.

Grendel thought he could win by putting a spell on our weapons, but we fooled him! We fought him without swords or knives. My strength was too much for him and he was frightened from the beginning. He left a bloody trail back to his home under the swamp where he died in agony, which he deserved.

Welthow, Hrothgar's exquisite queen, led the people in singing my praises. I have never seen a happier kingdom than the Danes now that the evil descendant of Cain is dead!

It is time to return home. We will collect our belongings and head home to the Land of the Geats.

Artwork from lone animator

No comments: